google

Friday 25 April 2014

Dream about a fridge on fire



A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z


I had a dream last night and it seemed very real to me. I was going to my father’s flat. I opened the door and I feared that a fire could be in the flat. I saw a light when I opened the door. It was like something about to get on fire. It was the fridge. I didn't switch the lights on, fearing the flat may explode. I opened the fridge’s door. It was hot and some smoke came out of it. Then I opened the freezer’s door. It wasn't too hot and there was food inside still frozen.
Then I went to my father’s room who was sleeping (as expected at that time of the night. (That’s why I say it was very real to me) I turned on the light and woke him up to warn him. He woke up and was looking very young and slim (He is 74 actually) with a brown leather jacket. We went to see the fridge and we found out that I left it on +3 temperature. We put it back to normal temperature and I told him to go back to sleep.

I feel that the dream you had was a form of astral travelling whereby you visited your dad while he and you both slept. (Your soul/spirit visited him) The reason for your visit to him might be because you have some concerns for him, you were checking up on him to make sure he was alright, and as you suspected things were not safe. This doesn't necessarily mean that things are not safe in his flat (always worth checking though) more likely that in your opinion he doesn't take care of himself properly.

Looking at the symbols and scenario of the dream backs this up:
The fear of an explosion when the lights are turned on is a way of expressing the fear that you have when if light (knowledge) is known, a situation might explode into something bigger, in which case you will then have to deal with it. Perhaps you fear that if you look too closely at your dad, his health, and his ability to take care of himself properly you might then have to deal with the consequences of that.

The fridge symbolises coldness or neglect, and this backs up the idea that maybe he neglects himself to some degree. 
The freezer is a way of expressing the idea that something is frozen in time, food is being kept in a state of rigidness, food equals sustenance/fulfilment and might symbolise aspects of your dad's situation, perhaps he isn’t feeling particularly satisfied with his own situation but lacks the inclination to do anything about it.

The fact that the appliance is a cold store appliance but is overheating can help to explain how the situation he is in at present is beginning to become more of a problem, it needs action from someone else to find a cure or remedy, you seem to be that person and it might mean a bit of practical help to ensure things are safe at home or emotional support to encourage him into finding new interests, or taking care of his health. It's hard to say what support he needs without knowing the whole situation but I am sure with some delving you can work out what he needs. After all your dream was designed to bring your attention to your dad’s vulnerabilities.

The end of your dream gives an example of the fact that with a little effort and care things will return to normal and he will return to his usual vibrant self. If I were you I would encourage him not to leave things or put them off. Tell him it’s easier to deal with small problems when they arise, if something is left for too long it will escalate into a bigger problem.

I dreamed of black smoke coming out of my fridge. 
The top of the fridge seemed like it had boiling metal at the center. When I decided to unplug it, the glass door was broken and I tried to cover it with plastic food wrapping to preserve the coolness of the frozen meat inside.

A fridge is often used to describe the idea of preservation in dream language, water is always used to represent the emotions and in this case, the boiling metal would symbolise emotions that become overheated and could boil over. Boiling metal in the place of boiling water would suggest that emotions have been hard and unmoving for quite some time, they have been cold, rigid, and uncaring. Whose emotions are being highlighted, is it yours or your partners or both? 
It could also be symbolic for someone else with who you haven't had a good relationship with. 
The black smoke represents when something could ignite, black meaning negative and depression possibly. Unplugging the fridge is a way of showing you that you are attempting to disconnect from a situation that has the capability to cause you problems, or explode in your face. Covering it over with the plastic food covering describes your menial attempts at repairing the situation. You cant keep 'covering up and smoothing things over, wishing everything would just go back to normal because you don't wish to deal with it. 
In a nutshell, it looks like you are trying to preserve a relationship that hasn't been very fulfilling for you both, the coldness and the frozen meat help to explain that. If you want to really preserve a relationship and not let deterioration continue then you have to really work hard, and instead of covering things up and smoothing things over you will have to be honest with yourself and the other person, so you can really start afresh. That means talking calmly and honestly, without emotional outbursts, sometimes we need help from the outside for this to be able to happen. 


A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z

6 comments:

MANOHAR said...

Nice Post! I am really impressed with your efforts and really pleased to visit this post.

Zen said...

I dreamed of a black smoke coming out from the fridge. The top of the fridge seems like a booking metal at the center. When I decided to unplug it, the glass door was broken and tried to cover with plastic food wrapper to preserve the coolness for the frozen meat inside.

Unknown said...

Booking-boiling

Nicky Rayment said...

Zen I have added your dream and my response to this page, I hope you get to read it. Nicky
https://dreamsanalysed.blogspot.com/2014/04/dream-about-fridge-on-fire.html?showComment=1588052725504#c2484919349434246978

Unknown said...

Thanks Nicky!
I have another dream and hopefully you could help me interpret it.
1. There was a fat man outside my house who happened to transformed into a nice looking guy. This man has appeared in my previous dream. When I saw him transforming, I whispered that he looks familiar. ( I don't know him in real life.) He was trying to get inside, so I was trying to close all the Windows and doors, but I failed to close the window in my room. Finally he came in and even changed his clothing into my pajama. I tried to confront him and almost see his face closely but I woke up.

Dream Translations @ Nicky Rayment said...

I have translated your dream, you will find it under F Dreams. Scroll down to Fat and you'll see the dream there and the reply xx https://dreamsanalysed.blogspot.com/search/label/All%20of%20your%20F%20Symbols