google

Saturday 11 October 2014

Dreaming about photographs-capturing memories

A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z



Photographs and cameras in dream symbolism help you to put things into perspective, they capture important moments in time, they help you take more notice of the finer details and they help you to understand what is going on around you from another perspective. 

They can symbolize someone who is snappy or someone who looks at the here and now and who does not understand that the past can create the person you are right now. Photographs are also used to represent the past because they link with memories, or help you to remember important lessons from the past.

Please, can you translate my short dreams? The first one I remember I was having my photo taken and I was struggling to smile for the camera. But I smiled finally and I thought my smile looked fine. Also, I remember my eyes were narrowed as if I was not trusting something. 

I think this first dream is about trying to put on a brave face or pretending to be happy so that other people don't feel sad as well. You are trying to capture a smile but it seems that it is just for other people's benefit. You are probably not really trusting someone or trusting a situation for what it seems to be, maybe you are pretending to be happy but are not complete because you don't trust another person? 

Last night I dreamed I was on a beach but it was a bit cold because it wasn't summer. However, the sea looked beautiful. Then there was a fountain with water:

A beach is a place where we usually go when it is hot and sunny, but you say its cold, the environment you are in is supposed to be warm but alas it isn't offering you the warmth you desire, the beach is also a place that signifies change, the sea washes in and out and changes the set up that you have at the moment, perhaps these changes will bring back the warmth that you desire. I don't know if this has to do with a relationship, your job or just your daily life. 
The fountain could be symbolic of a fountain of wealth or knowledge, or both. Fountains can also represent the notion of the pouring out of emotion, the same old emotions going over and over the same ground. You will have to wait and see which is more appropriate.

Continued...My friend wanted to get into the fountain and for me to take a picture of her. I wanted a picture as well but couldn't manage to take it, I confused the camera with my sunglasses... next, to the fountain there was another one:

Taking a picture or a photograph is a way of capturing a specific time, perhaps a happy time which will stay in your memories, your friends are important to you and you do appreciate them.  But you are unable to get a clear picture because you have a clouded view, perhaps you have issues with trust even with your friends. 
The fountains will possibly link with the outpouring of emotions, do you share your inner feelings with your friend or do you hold back? 

Continued...I wanted to get into the water (might be that I really miss good weather)

You wish to cleanse your problems away and rejuvenate yourself. 

Perhaps you actually miss your friends back home as well and this is why you haven't completely bonded with friends in this country, you are trying to make new memories to treasure here but you don't seem to be able to because you miss the warmth and love from back home. 

Continued...On the same night, I had my friends visiting me at home, so I went to the kitchen looking for some snacks for us. I had peanuts and cake, but I can’t remember what else. I was preparing the table for us to enjoy our time together.

You really are trying to be welcoming to your friends and you provide a wonderful listening ear for them to tell you all their problems but you don't seem to receive the same back. Perhaps because you are not opening up completely they are not getting to see the real you, or the inner you. 

Peanuts can symbolize what we store away for future use, this might link with trying to make new memories for the future, peanuts also symbolize getting nothing in return, in this country we say "I earned peanuts" and this means that you earned hardly anything for your troubles! 

Cake symbolizes all the ingredients that you mix together to make something nice for yourself and for other people, it also has a saying of "You can't have your cake and eat" Which means you can't have everything all at once. 

A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z


No comments: