google

Monday 19 May 2014

Being chased

A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z



I was inside a house, I can't remember if it was mine or not. Somebody was trying to get in the house and I knew that he wanted to kill people. I was locked inside a room inside the house and somebody was banging on the door very loudly. In the end I jumped from the window and fell into a canal that was outside, but I didn't feel any pain. I was trying to swim as quickly as I could but it was hard.  When I got out of the canal I took different paths many times and I jumped over things but it ended up that I couldn't escape from the city. 
I could also see the underground the city, its tubes and pipes. 

Someone breaking into the house is a way for you to acknowledge that you are vulnerable, but exactly how you are vulnerable only you can decide, perhaps you view men as a danger to you, maybe you feel that they can hurt you and this is why you are trying to escape. Avoidance is a skill we learn to keep us out of danger, running away is another avoidance tactic. 
You then jump out of a window and straight into a canal. The canal symbolises the emotional restrictions that you put in place in order to not get hurt. You think that you must keep your emotions contained and in check in order to survive. Trying to swim in a dream happens when you are finding it difficult to cope with your emotions. 

Next, you take many different paths which help to describe the different routes, paths and relationships that you can choose between, all of these choices come with a certain amount of risk and uncertainty because you do not know exactly where they will lead, you see this as a threat and want to run away from it. 
Jumping over things is used a symbol when you have to get over obstacles, (you actually create the obstacles yourself, they are the barriers that you try to put up between you and men.

The underground city is a way to explain that it is what goes on underneath the surface that needs to be understood. Until you can acknowledge what is really going on underneath the surface of your problems you will not be able to move forward, it seems that it is the fear of the unknown that frightens you the most.

Being chased happens in dreams when you are aware that something is catching up with you, you must deal with your fears, baggage, and problems  before they take over.

A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z