google

Sunday 31 March 2013

Clothes- The tatty dress



A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z


My dream is that I went into my garden and there were rails and rails of dresses along the borders where the flowers should be, I went to look through them and I found one that looked my size and it was beautiful but an old style dress so I took it indoors to try it on. I put it on and loved it, it was so elegant and silky, then when I looked in the mirror at myself I saw that the dress had lots of security tags on it and that it was actually ripped, tatty and worn, I was upset because I really thought I had found a lovely dress.

Clothes can represent how we feel about ourselves, they reflect the character we wish to share with the world, this can change on a daily basis and we change it to suit the other people around us, the tatty worn-out dress symbolises how you are feeling at the moment, worn out!
The security tags symbolise that something is 'locked' to you now, this is probably your youth and the fact that you cannot reverse the effects that time and life has had upon you. You have worked hard to provide security for your family and this has taken its toll on you. 
You feel as though all your glamour and shine have disappeared, it happens to us all and we cannot escape the aging process, but with age comes lots of good things like not caring what people think anymore, having freedom, being able to be yourself and not doing what everyone else wants. 
The garden is a way to tell you that nature has taken its course, flowers don't flower forever. In your dream, you have replaced the flower beds with rails of dresses and this is because you think that its clothes that make you beautiful, however, beauty is on the inside and this is what is important, if you feel good on the inside you will look good on the outside. You worry about how you look and about how others see you, when really you should worry about how you feel on the inside and work on that. Let go of your negative thoughts about your image and just be who and what you want to be. 
The mirror is reflecting on how you feel about yourself and even though you are 'beautiful' when you look in the mirror you just see 'worn-out', beautiful clothes won't mend that, or cover it. Be selfish and tell other people you need some 'you time'. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and age is but a number.


A B D E F G J K L M O P R U V X Y Z


No comments: